Although many signs and symptoms of Autism are similar, no two Autistic people are exactly the same. That’s why it is referred to as a “spectrum.” The abilities of one Autistic person can vary significantly from those of another.
Some Possible Signs/Symptoms of Autism:
- Hypo or Hyper Eye Contact: Some Autistic people prefer to avoid eye contact, whereas others may use what seems to be too much.
- Does not show typical facial expressions by typical development age.
- Delays in developmental milestones such as speech and motor skills.
- Atypical imaginative play patterns.
- Sensory Processing Challenges: Prefers more/less physical contact than typical or more/less sound levels than typical, etc.
- Frequent Repetitive Movements (Stimming)
- Deep focus on “Special Interests”
Read More on CDC